Mountain huts informations
In this section you can find general information about 67 mountain huts of the Valle d'Aosta Region.
WHAT IS IMPORTANT BEFORE GOING:
- call the mountain hut guardian to verify if it is open or not, to book and eventually to ask for suggestions and indications about the path to reach the hut;
- read the weather and avalanche danger bulletins;
- ask to mountains experts: mountain guides or hiking guides, guardians of refuges;
- plan your field trip taking into account the difficulty, the length and the drop of the path and adapt it to your physical condition;
- have a proper equipment;
- tell someone about the path chosen and the estimated time of return; preferably do not go alone.
RESPECT THE MOUNTAIN: respect the flora and fauna, do not leave the paths, and take the waste back to the valley.
Free camping is not allowed, however, according to the regional law, it is admitted from sunset to sunrise above 2500 m of altitude.